What Does Fire Cleanup Involve?
Fire Restoration by SERVPRO Includes State of the Art Tools and Methods to Bring Your South Daytona Property Back to Pre-Fire Condition
Due to the nature of fire cleanup, this is rarely a type of project to handle on your own. Flames from the blazing heat and melt plastics, while burnt materials leave corrosive soot and smoke residue behind. Damage from a fire brings tremendous loss, big or small, which can be a significant task to handle alone. Contacting reliable restoration technicians at SERVPRO ensures your South Daytona home gets the individualized attention that it deserves.
Restoration to Pre-Loss Condition
Once called, our team works quickly to facilitate fire restoration in South Daytona. The faster we can get in to start working, the better our chances of cutting back on the secondary damage to save both time and money. We have all of the experience, skills, and tools necessary to handle the job. Alone with our expertise, the equipment and tools at our disposal make the cleanup and restoration go even faster.
How Does Restoration Work?
To fully restore your interior and all of your belongings, it calls for proven methods and detailed planning. We tailor our cleanup and restoration to your unique situation to get the job done quickly. A simplified outline of our process includes:
- Tarping and Board Up Services – We respond to your property within as little as a few hours after your call. We can board up any of the broken windows or doors and help to limit access while preventing exposure to the elements and vandalism.
- Inspection and Assessment – We carefully inspect your home to determine each area of fire damage. We then put together an estimate and timeline for the restoration.
- Cleanup – Once we start the cleanup process, we take care of debris and charred structural materials, followed by smoke and soot removal.
- Deodorization – Our skilled team uses specialized ozone treatments in extreme cases, cleaning agents, and various products to battle odorous particles and help deodorize your interior.
- Controlled Demolition and Restoration – Personal items get cleaned and inventoried or packed-out as needed. Any areas where building materials got removed will get addressed, and all-new materials installed. Everything gets done to ensure your South Daytona property is “Like it never even happened."
How Do You Handle Air Quality?
Throughout the fire restoration process, our crew utilizes a wide variety of tools, many of which deal with indoor air quality (IAQ). The air throughout your home can be in rough shape after a fire, so when we begin the damage cleanup, we bring in various commercial-grade equipment to work on drying and odor removal, such as:
- Air movers
- Air scrubbers
In certain situations, we may use what is known as an ultra-low volume (ULV) fogger. This equipment deodorizes your interior thoroughly after a fire. It works by taking solvent-based deodorizers and vaporizing them. This vapor can reach into smaller cracks and crevices where odorous particles might be lurking.
What If There Is Water Damage Too?
Whenever your interior gets flooded with water during a fire, either from a burst pipe or hoses from firefighter’s extinguishing the blaze, water removal is necessary. Our skilled IICRC-certified technicians also use pumps and extraction tools to pull up all standing water and moisture from your property.
What About All the Soot?
Fires produce a tremendous amount of soot, so our technicians use an assortment of tools and equipment to remove soot and smoke residue from all surfaces. We also have a range of cleaning actions that we use depending on the type of soiling and the materials in question. This works on the idea that ‘like dissolves like,’ which includes:
- Mechanical Action: We often use agitation as a way to dislodge soils from whatever surfaces in question safely.
- Lubrication: By making something slippery with lubricant, our technicians can break the bond between the soils and the surfaces.
- Chemical Action: This gets used to help in situations where a substance is altered or changed by another substance. We can apply cleaning products to surfaces to help alter the residue for easier cleaning.
- Suspension and Dispersion: SERVPRO uses this method often for helping to loosen soils followed by suspending and dispersing while using a cleaning product.
In fire restoration situations where there is a lot of dry particles present, our technicians may be able to remove them by using dry brushes and vacuums. We always try to vacuum up dry soiling whenever possible before attempting any wet cleaning products. Applying wet products and introducing moisture could cause the soiling to become further embedded, making it more difficult for removal.
While the process of fire restoration may be time-consuming and complex, you can always trust SERVPRO of South Daytona Beach/Port Orange to get the job done right the first time. Call (386) 788-0358 to have a crew dispatched to your property. We're Faster to Any Size Disaster!