I am Dealing with Flood Damage in the My Port Orange Home, Who Can Help?
SERVPRO Can Help you Restore your Port Orange Home After Flood Damage
Disasters such as hurricanes often cause flooding in affected cities. The aftermath of a flood in Port Orange can have a lasting effect on your home, and it is vital to get proper advice and support throughout the flood restoration process. It can be stressful to get back everything in order following a flood, so SERVPRO technicians aim to make the recovery process as stress-free and as quick as possible.
What are the effects of flooding in a home?
Flooding can have a devastating effect on homes. That’s why hiring professionals to restore your flood damaged Port Orange residence is crucial. The pooling floodwater, debris and silt, and other substances can cause long term effects such as:
• Mold – Mold growth can occur because of an underlying problem like trapped floodwater and water ingress.
• Fungal decay in wood – Fungi attacks timber, and it can lead to decay.
• Damp staining – Floodwater may transport minerals in solution as it moves through a house. The minerals can be deposited on the floor and wall finishes and remain after the water evaporates.
• Salt deposition – In some cases, crystals can be deposited on the surface of new plaster.
• Lamination shrinkage and swelling – Materials like timber strip flooring, laminate and timber wall paneling naturally absorb water and release it in response to fluctuating atmospheric conditions.
Which restoration services do you provide?
Floodwater is hazardous to human health. It is therefore advisable to let insured, licensed and bonded professionals complete the restoration process. The flood damage restoration services SERVPRO offers include:
• Moving valuables and furniture out of harm’s way to prevent additional damage.
• Extracting the floodwater using the most effective extractors. Extraction is an essential step in eliminating moisture from a building. The more excess water we remove, the less time we spend evaporating and dehumidifying the remaining moisture with drying equipment.
• Removing and discarding wet carpets and padding.
• Drying the building and contents on-site or off-site.
• Removing wet ceilings and drywall
• Eliminating moisture from the home using air movers and dehumidifiers. Air movers increase air circulation to expedite the drying process. Dehumidifiers lower humidity levels and eliminate moisture from the air.
• Sanitization of the building and furnishings using EPA-approved antimicrobial products.
• Deodorization of the home to eliminate unpleasant smells.
We understand the importance of quick and efficient services. So, after we receive a call, we respond promptly to ensure you get professional assistance as soon as you need it.
If you are a victim of flood damage, call SERVPRO of South Daytona Beach / Port Orange at (386) 788-0358. We can help you restore your house to its preloss condition within a brief period.