Can Restoration Services Remove Smoke Odors from My South Daytona Business?
Fire damage restoration is something that we specialize in at SERVPRO of South Daytona Beach / Port Orange.
SERVPRO Arrives at Your South Daytona Business Ready to Remove Tough Smoke Odors with Expert Fire Damage Restoration Service
Within any commercial space, even the smallest fire leaves behind foul odors and damage that may keep you from regular operations. Knowing that you need prompt action to get your business back up and running, calling in the help of trained restoration technicians to your South Daytona business is the best move. At SERVPRO, we have IICRC-certified technicians and the advanced technology necessary to get the job done fast.
How Does Smoke Odor Removal Work?
When called for fire damage restoration in South Daytona, we arrive at your place of business to begin the initial assessment. Once the plan of action is in place, we remove all charred building materials and any interior contents deemed unsalvageable. Any water left from extinguishing the flames gets extracted, and we start to focus on soot and smoke residue.
• Dry sponges allow us to pick up powdery soot
• Wet sponges and industrial-grade cleaning solutions help remove sticky, stubborn smoke residue
• All areas are tested before cleaning, which helps to ensure the best method gets used for the type of residue present
For tough smoke odors, we often use thermal fogging technology. With this process, our thermal fogging equipment puts out a chemical fog with odor-neutralizing power that reaches particles deep down in crevices and cracks. We also use air scrubbers to help remove odorous elements and particles from the air.
Whatever building materials are deemed unsalvageable, our team removes them, and everything is replaced with brand-new materials to bring your business back to preloss condition.
Fire damage restoration is something that we specialize in at SERVPRO of South Daytona Beach / Port Orange. You can call us 24/7 to have a team deployed to your location in as little as four hours. We can be reached at (386) 788-0358.
How Do I know If There is Water Behind My Kitchen Cabinets?
“Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO Can Find The Source of Hidden Water In Your Port Orange Home And Remove The Problem
When there is any water loss, it is critical to have it taken care of immediately. If you suspect there is water behind your cabinets in your Port Orange residence, get help quickly.
How are hidden pockets of water located?
Our technicians use professional equipment that allows them to find the water and reflects how much water they are dealing with. This knowledge helps them proceed with water damage repair in your Port Orange home. There are two main types of equipment used to detect water:
- Moisture Sensors –used to detect water that gets trapped under carpet and padding. It helps determine just how far the water has spread.
- Thermal Imaging Cameras – detects cold spots, which are often an indication of water. A fluctuation in temperature in a given area can mean moisture is present.
- Penetrating Moisture Meter – this involves the use of probes that can penetrate multiple layers.
- Borescopes – a long hose with a camera; this allows technicians to capture images so water levels and contamination can be determined.
Removing the Trapped Water
Once the location and amount of water are determined, the next step is water damage repair. The goal is to extract all excess water and complete the drying process. SERVPRO wants to return your kitchen to its normal status and leave it “Like it never even happened.” This includes the following procedures:
- Water extraction – in this situation, portable extraction equipment will most likely be used. Portable pumps have wand attachments that allow the technician to reach into spaces that are hard to reach.
- Air Movers – keeps the air flowing and begins the drying out process.
- Dehumidifiers – pull moisture from the air and replaces it with warm, dry air.
- Cavity Drying Equipment – If needed, this equipment can blow air directly into the wall cavity.
Do not let hidden water damage your home. Contact SERVPRO of South Daytona Beach / Port Orange at (386) 788-0358 today.
Learn more about Port Orange.
How Soon Can the Cleanup After a Fire in Port Orange Begin?
It’s normal to feel overwhelmed after a fire in your home. Contact SERVPRO for effective fire damage remediation efforts.
SERVPRO Arrives at Your Port Orange Home to Start Fire Damage Restoration as Soon as Your Property is Cleared for Entry
It is heartbreaking and stressful to deal with a fire loss. Still, you may also be anxious to begin the cleanup process—prompt cleanup and mitigation help to cut back on secondary damage and minimize loss. Waiting too long to begin cleanup after the fire is out can leave tough, stubborn odors from smoke and soot. SERVPRO has crews in your area of Port Orange that arrive fast when called so that we can begin restoration as soon as first responders deem your property safe for entry.
The Fire is Put Out, Now What?
We are available to you 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to help with your fire damage in Port Orange. Our emergency restoration service includes a cleanup of all of the debris within your home. We take the time to address airborne threats and use specialized equipment to help us locate any lingering moisture from the water used to extinguish the flames. Once we arrive on the job site, our crew chief does a walkthrough assessment to record all conditions so that we can formulate the best steps to proceed. All of our trucks come outfitted with advanced equipment and tools that help remove soot and smoke residue so that your interior is “Like it never even happened.” The earlier that mitigation begins, the easier it is to cut back on the level of damage and the potential for hazardous, long-lasting effects.
Why Should I Use Your Team for Fire Restoration Services?
It takes a trained eye to pinpoint all areas within your home where soot and smoke particles may have settled, especially in tight cracks and crevices. Debris and all damaged materials get taken out so that our team can begin restoration and replacement steps in Port Orange. We use a unique formula to come up with a plan that allows us to use all of our resources efficiently, such as:
- Packout services allow us to carefully pack up and remove personal belongings that need special attention and cleaning off-site.
- Technicians handle all of the cleanings of walls, ceilings, and other surfaces.
- To inhibit corrosive action, our team removes soot residue from all surfaces using wet or dry cleaning methods.
- Structural components of your home get thoroughly inspected to ensure safety.
- If the wall cavities and insulation have been infiltrated by smoke, our team removes the first few inches of the insulation to replace it with brand-new materials.
Is There Any Cleaning I Can Do Myself?
Without the proper training and technology, clearing out charred debris and addressing stubborn odors is nearly impossible as a DIY project. There are many reasons to hire skilled fire damage restoration technicians, including:
- Toxicity of debris and residue after a fire loss makes for a hazardous climate inside the home. Our team always wears personal protective equipment (PPE) for our own safety while cleaning.
- Structural elements of your home must be inspected by professionals to determine if they are stable, including your floors, ceilings, and walls.
- With any fire, a substantial amount of chemicals or water gets used to extinguish the flames. Our expert extraction team uses all of the latest tools and techniques to help speed up this part of the process.
- Our crew is trained following the standards of the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). We are equipped to handle any size fire damage project, and we have the right cleaning agents and methods to clean up all soot, charred debris, and moisture left behind.
- Before wrapping up each fire restoration job, we use EPA-registered disinfectants and cleaning agents to deodorize and clean your interior thoroughly.
What Are the Ways You Address This Awful Soot Everywhere?
We use tried-and-true methods for ensuring all stubborn smoke residue and pesky soot particles get cleaned up. After the assessment, our technicians get instructions on the dry or wet cleaning methods required for all surfaces.
- Dry Methods – This method is best used on surface areas that become damaged when they come into contact with moisture. We use this often on books, electronics, and antiques with the help of towels, brushes, or sponges to loosen the soot.
- Wet Methods – This method is best used on surface areas not easily damaged when they come into contact with water. We use specialized cleaning agents combined with water to leave the surface areas refreshed and clean. In stubborn soot situations, we use ultrasonic cleaning with the power of ultrasonic waves in a cleaning solution where millions of bubbles loosen the grime.
SERVPRO of South Daytona Beach/Port Orange is ready whenever you need professional fire damage restoration. Call (386) 788-0358 to have a team deployed to your location to begin assessment in as little as four hours or less.
I am Dealing with Flood Damage in the My Port Orange Home, Who Can Help?
We can help you restore your house to its preloss condition within a brief period.
SERVPRO Can Help you Restore your Port Orange Home After Flood Damage
Disasters such as hurricanes often cause flooding in affected cities. The aftermath of a flood in Port Orange can have a lasting effect on your home, and it is vital to get proper advice and support throughout the flood restoration process. It can be stressful to get back everything in order following a flood, so SERVPRO technicians aim to make the recovery process as stress-free and as quick as possible.
What are the effects of flooding in a home?
Flooding can have a devastating effect on homes. That’s why hiring professionals to restore your flood damaged Port Orange residence is crucial. The pooling floodwater, debris and silt, and other substances can cause long term effects such as:
• Mold – Mold growth can occur because of an underlying problem like trapped floodwater and water ingress.
• Fungal decay in wood – Fungi attacks timber, and it can lead to decay.
• Damp staining – Floodwater may transport minerals in solution as it moves through a house. The minerals can be deposited on the floor and wall finishes and remain after the water evaporates.
• Salt deposition – In some cases, crystals can be deposited on the surface of new plaster.
• Lamination shrinkage and swelling – Materials like timber strip flooring, laminate and timber wall paneling naturally absorb water and release it in response to fluctuating atmospheric conditions.
Which restoration services do you provide?
Floodwater is hazardous to human health. It is therefore advisable to let insured, licensed and bonded professionals complete the restoration process. The flood damage restoration services SERVPRO offers include:
• Moving valuables and furniture out of harm’s way to prevent additional damage.
• Extracting the floodwater using the most effective extractors. Extraction is an essential step in eliminating moisture from a building. The more excess water we remove, the less time we spend evaporating and dehumidifying the remaining moisture with drying equipment.
• Removing and discarding wet carpets and padding.
• Drying the building and contents on-site or off-site.
• Removing wet ceilings and drywall
• Eliminating moisture from the home using air movers and dehumidifiers. Air movers increase air circulation to expedite the drying process. Dehumidifiers lower humidity levels and eliminate moisture from the air.
• Sanitization of the building and furnishings using EPA-approved antimicrobial products.
• Deodorization of the home to eliminate unpleasant smells.
We understand the importance of quick and efficient services. So, after we receive a call, we respond promptly to ensure you get professional assistance as soon as you need it.
If you are a victim of flood damage, call SERVPRO of South Daytona Beach / Port Orange at (386) 788-0358. We can help you restore your house to its preloss condition within a brief period.
What kind of fire restoration services do I need for business premises?
Let SERVPRO restore your South Daytona fire damage.
Commercial Fire Restoration services are available in South Daytona for businesses in need of a quick turnaround.
How does fire restoration in larger premises differ from residential fire restoration?
Restoring a commercial property requires greater resources as well as equipment to ensure that temporary closures from fire damage in South Daytona are kept to a minimum. Larger premises like warehouses are challenging for restorers because of lower quality of insulation and a more considerable amount of space to work with. Restoring indoor air quality in a vast space requires industrial standard equipment.
Do I need to vacate the property entirely during fire restoration in South Daytona?
SERVPRO works closely with property managers during commercial restoration to ensure that we can find a working solution for your property and your business. In some situations, we may be able to work around the business while still producing an efficient service. Our crew chiefs can post signage and close off certain areas of the warehouse to prevent things like foot traffic or entrance to an affected area from occurring. Fumigation can often be done out of business hours to avoid unnecessary inconvenience.
What flexibility is available for arranging and procuring restoration in a business property?
- Round the clock operators are here to take your call in a business emergency
- We guarantee to arrive at your property within four hours of notification of loss
- Out-of-hours callout available for commercial businesses
What type of equipment do I need to restore indoor air quality after a fire?
In large open spaces, it can take longer for air filtration devices to be effective simply because they need to pass more cubic feet of air. Technicians can daisy chain AFDs to provide the necessary power required to clean the air efficiently in a large warehouse space. Direct expansion units (DEU) are also available to SERVPRO crew chiefs should they need to heat, dehumidify or cool a large space after wet cleaning.
Your business needs efficient commercial restoration to get back to normal, contact SERVPRO of South Daytona Beach / Port Orange at (386) 788-0358.
To find out more about South Daytona, click here.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in CITY, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of South Daytona Beach / Port Orange today at (386) 788-0358 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Why is Floodwater Handled as a Biohazard in My Port Orange Home?
When your home needs flood damage restoration services, contact SERVPRO.
SERVPRO knows floodwater can bring a host of problems into your Port Orange home and has the training and equipment to restore your house and contents
This section of Florida has its fair share of wild weather, and unfortunately, flooding can be a part of that. When flash flooding occurs, the water that enters the home has an unknown amount of bacteria, dirt, sewage, and even fire ants can wind up in the home. All of this needs speedy and careful professional mitigation to try to minimize the loss within the property and contents.
My Home Received Flood Damage Two Days Ago Is That Mold On My Walls?
Unfortunately, mold often accompanies flood damage in Port Orange homes. The combination of the year-round warmer temperatures and the raised humidity make for ideal conditions for naturally occurring airborne mold spores to germinate. One that happens, they can spread across sheetrock and home contents rapidly. With their mold remediation certification #MRSR515 Florida License, SERVPRO techs can handle that issue right along with the flood loss restoration services.
Even though floodwater tends to recede rapidly within a home, the water that poses a problem is:
• Flood water that seeped into subflooring
• Saturated area rugs, carpet, and padding
• Got absorbed into hardwood flooring
• Wet home furnishings
• Ruined sheetrock from wicking water
Detailed Extraction Leads to Shorter Drying Times
The technicians carefully scope the property and also test the water to determine the disinfection level needed. With their biohazard certification #64-64-1785570, the techs have the training and specialized protective gear to handle any level of contaminated water in a home.
Once the water loss area gets determined, they begin the extraction process and remove as much of the remaining moisture as possible. In items such as carpet and padding, there is not a way to restore it to its preloss condition after contamination from floodwater. However, it has the potential to cause injury due to the extreme weight of the wet carpet. The techs extract the water, cut the carpet into strips and dispose of it using biohazard protocol.
Once the maximum amount of moisture gets removed from the structure, confirmed by "dry" passes with extraction wands that show no further pick up of water happening, the techs move on to the drying phase of mitigation.
Controlled Demolition is a Standard Part of the Restoration Services Process
Floodwater brings some of the most costly losses to local properties. A mere inch of the water can result in thousands of dollars in damages. Some of the most common actions SERVPRO technicians need to take to restore homes are:
• Collection of delaminated tiles for possible reuse
• Removal of floor coverings to dry the subfloor
• Flood cuts performed to remove ruined areas of sheetrock
• Items in the loss area inspected one on one for restoration potential
The technicians set up cleaning stations for items that are getting cleaned for reuse. The process is the same for each item; it gets looked over and sometimes tested to ascertain the nature of the construction materials. The outcome of that test determines the type of cleaning agent and method, such as immersion or abrasive cleaning types.
The Drying Phase Begins As Soon As Possible
This is the critical element of the restoration services process after floodwater enters the home. Once the loss areas of the home get opened, this makes the ability to force air inside wall cavities, under flooring. If mold growth gets discovered as part of the mitigation, the techs use the drying phase also to halt the spread of the mold and dry them. Once the drying phase completes, abatement techniques remove any remaining colonies and assist in getting the property ready for final repairs and reconstruction.
Walk-Through and Detailed Reporting Keeps Everyone on the Same Page
Insurance claims are a part of the flood loss cleanup process in many cases. SERVPRO techs are very careful to communicate with the property owner and adjuster to ensure any actions done are within the scope of coverage, and nothing gets done without approval. Communication is a vital part of the restoration services process. Afterward, the techs walk the property owner through to go over actions taken and present them with a report that compiles any loss items and a detailed description of their condition and reason for getting counted as a loss, including photographs.
When your home needs flood damage restoration services, contact SERVPRO of South Daytona Beach / Port Orange at (386) 788-0358. The technicians are ready to assist local property owners 24/7 to get their homes and lives back to normal.
For more about Port Orange click here.
How Can I Dry Wet Documents?
SERVPRO can try to salvage your water damaged books in Port Orange
In Port Orange, You Can Reach Out to SERVPRO to Dry and Preserve Your Documents
Water can seep into your Port Orange home with no warning. All it takes is for a pipe to break and leak into your home office to create a problematic situation. As you consider how to save your furniture and flooring from the excess humidity, you should also look at any documents you need to preserve. A professional restoration service can help with all your needs.
If you live in Port Orange and face water damage in your home, you can rely on SERVPRO for assistance. Our team is accessible around the clock to tend to your emergency. Our technicians hold certifications by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), which attest to our expertise in handling water events in your home.
Should I use a blow dryer on my documents?
The use of hot air to preserve your valuable paperwork is not a bad idea, but you run the risk of damaging them when done incorrectly. Our SERVPRO team trains for specialty drying situations, which include the preservation of paper products. Although it could be a costly process based on the time and expertise required, some of your items are priceless and irreplaceable. We caution that pages that absorb water cannot typically be restored to preloss condition. But, we can try to limit further degradation so that they remain useful and available.
The process of sublimation is at the core of keeping your papers safe. This process makes the accumulated water go from solid to a gas without passing a liquid state again. In a real-life application, our technicians freeze your items and evaporate the water using one of the following techniques-
• Vacuum thermal drying
• Vacuum freezer drying
• Freezer drying
Aside from sublimation processes, we may use dehumidifiers and air drying to assist in saving your documents. Whatever your needs are, our staff does its best to identify a suitable process to meet them. In extreme cases, a third-party curator can be hired to preserve further the documents damaged by the water absorption.
SERVPRO of South Daytona Beach/ Port Orange is at your service when you need us. Call us at (386) 788-0358 and let us work with you to leave your home, "Like it never even happened."
What Can Mold Remediation Do for My Port Orange Shop?
Do you know how to remediate commercial mold damage? SERVPRO does!
SERVPRO can Remove Mold From Port Orange Businesses
Our SERVPRO professionals have efficient methods for mold colony removal and restoration of your Port Orange business.
Mold can be an alarming discovery in your Port Orange shop, but not an entirely surprising result of higher humidity conditions. Many structures in the area battle mold growth throughout the year, and it is vital to address these circumstances as they happen with experienced remediation professionals like our SERVPRO team.
Addressing mold damage in Port Orange shops encompasses many processes, but among the most important of these being the protection of your wares and goods in the shop. One singular mold disaster can spread quickly through items on your main shop floor, which can be a devastating situation for your potential profits. Through containment measures and effective remediation strategies, we can limit the migration of mold spores and dry out the damaged areas to inhibit the further growth and development of mold colonies.
What Mold Remediation Strategies Does SERVPRO Use?
- Antimicrobial surface cleaning
- Abrasive cleaning (soda blasting and sanding)
- Controlled demolition
Mold growth can be a devastating situation for your business and your customers. Our SERVPRO of South Daytona Beach / Port Orange team can help with efficient strategies and potent antimicrobial products. Contact us today at (386) 788-0358.
More about Port Orange.
Looking for a Compliant Preventative Cleaning and Disinfecting Service for Your Daytona Area Business?
Count on SERVPRO to support your in-house janitor.
SERVPRO Can Effectively Disinfect Your Daytona Beach Regional Structure
Business owners are realizing that professional cleaning companies are an ideal alternative to inhouse and DYI cleaning. Professionals do the work better, smarter, safer and they allow your staff to do what they do best ...their jobs.
SERVPRO of South Daytona’s Technicians have earned IICRC Certifications
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) is the leading training institution for the mitigation, restoration and remediation industry. The training they provide concerning environmental remediation is outstanding and it prepares our cleaning crews for virus cleanup work that is in such high demand. This also makes us uniquely qualified to serve any business looking for top quality preventative cleaning and disinfecting services. What exactly does professional preventative cleaning do that goes beyond DIY cleaning?
- SERVPRO of Daytona technicians are trained and licensed to use a broad array of hospital-grade EPA-registered antimicrobials and disinfectants that have been approved for use in environmental cleaning.
- SERVPRO technicians use commercial grade equipment that does a better job of applying disinfectants and cleaning agents in Daytona Beach area commercial properties.
- We offer project hours to meet our customers’ schedules and have customized cleaning regimes for each type of building and business we serve.
Let the experts take care of cleaning and disinfecting your South Daytona area business or commercial property. Your employees and customers will thank you. For a conversation about your needs or questions, please call SERVPRO of South Daytona Beach / Port Orange at 386-788-0358 and let us meet your professional cleaning needs.
Disclaimer: Advice from the medical and scientific community regarding how to deal with the coronavirus is based on present knowledge, which is subject to change as the situation continues to develop. There can be no assurance that disinfectants alone will be adequate to fully eliminate the virus. We are not physicians or infectious disease professionals. Consult your medical professionals for individual medical advice.